The online Scammers are out in force and are trying to take advantage of individuals worldwide and steal your data, scam money and fleece anyone of their hard earned salary and life savings. I recently noticed a rise in SMS phishing (also known as smishing) from a number of sources masquerading as mobile phone companies. Typically they will send you a text message
O2: We were unable to process your most recent bill. Your O2 services will be disabled unless your information is updated via https://o2services-online.com
Three: We were unable to process your most recent bill. Your Three services will be disabled unless your information is updated via https://three-services-online.com
Vodaphone: We were unable to process your most recent bill. Your Vodaphone services will be disabled unless your information is updated via https://vodaphone-services-online.com
Here at StartaDesign we detest and deplore all criminals trying to deceive the public at every opportunity.
Here’s a few pointers to help you:
- Our advice is don’t be too quick to click.
- Look at the link, they often use branded domains to trick you. For example, o2services-online.com (this is a fake O2 website). Your mobile phone company will always use the main branded domain or sub domain to view your account, so in the case of o2, they use https://accounts.o2.co.uk or https://login.vodafone.co.ukfor vodaphone.
- Block the number and do not follow any links.
- Forward the scam text to 7726 – It’s free.
- Other ways to report here including Action Fraud website
- Block the number and then delete the message. How to block a number?
We hope you found this informative and will help you notice any suspicious activity you receive on your mobile phone or email.
IF IN DOUBT, DO NOWT!